Tuesday, September 5, 2006

The final shows

Saturday afternoon we arrived at about 3-ish, to start waiting in line for the first of two Amsterdam ArenA Confessions Tour shows, which was to take place on Sunday. This time, it wasn't just e and Annelies, but also Sjeed, Bo and Mariska. My boyfriend drove me to the ArenA, and we were happy to find out that the adjacent bar was open, so we could get some beers and get the fun started.

The night went by pretty easy, so when we woke up, we found there was already quite a line waiting behind us. Fortunately enough, most of them were fun people, so it was a good day, especially when the SGP and Schreeuw om Leven people came on the scene, who we tried to boo off (no such luck I suppose, these are pretty persistant people).

At 6-ish the doors opened, and we ran as fast as we can to get up front. As it happened, I turned out to be the very first person to enter the Golden Circle, so I had a perfect choice on what position at the catwalk I wanted to have. I ended up at the left side, about 4 meters from the central stage, which is by now already my favourite place to watch the show.

The show itself, as always, was absolutely perfect. I was seen on the big screens (and broadcasted on television as it appears), I took a picture with Madonna's manager Guy Oseary (a lovely guy), and cought a balloon once again. Madonna was in a very good mood so the show was one big happy party!

After the show, we were so tired and worn up, that Annelies and I decided not to go back in line right away. We made a bed in the car, only to find out that we weren't allowed to sleep in the parking garage, so we had to find an alternative place to sleep. Luckily enough we found one, so we had, as far as sleeping in a car goes, a good night sleep. When we woke up, we decided we didn't want to be in line at all this day, since we've seen the show from front row three times already, so we went to the city center of Amsterdam to have lunch and do some shopping. When we got back, there was already a huge line, so we went to the bar and had some beers.

When we entered the ArenA at about 8, we managed to get some pretty good spots in the middle of the stadium, which meant that we finally had some room to dance. When you're front row, you can watch the show at its very best, but the crowd is pushing so hard that there isn't any room to dance., so it was kind of refreshing to finally see the satdium as a big dance floor, the way Madonna wants it.

Madonna was in a good mood again, so we had a fantastic final night of Confessions. The tour is off to Prague, Moscow, Osaka and finally Tokyo now, so it's over for me. I can only say that these past three weeks have been the best ever, even better than Re-Invention. I will always cherish my memories of this fantastic show, and I've got my two balloons, y t-shirt and my tour jacket to account for that.

Annelies, Bo, Sjeed, Mariska, Nathalie, Ellen, David, Izzy, Robert and Shirley (and whoever I might have left out in the rush): Thanks for a fantastic time, but above all: Madonna, thank you for yet another wonderfull tour. I can't wait for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment