Monday, September 15, 2008

Packing up

Today and tomorrow I'm packing, since Wednesday I'm moving my stuff into my new home. I kind of enjoy packing, all sorts of things I forgot I even had suddenly show up, along with many photo's from the past couple of years. That's a bit weird, my ex boyfriend and I went to Antwerpen for a week, back in 2003, and all those pictures I'd hidden way back in the closet. Now they're back, and it made me pretty sad looking at them. Still, I decided to keep them, as a great memory of a fantastic vacation.

So while packing is good fun, the actual moving itself will be horrendous, I suspect. Right now I'm living two stories high, and my new appartment is four stories high. In both cases, you've guessed it, there's no elevator, so it's going to be a real physical challenge getting everything moved. I'm trying to get as much help as I can, but unfortunately there aren't many friends still living in Groningen left, and besides, it's a Wednesday so many of my friends will be working. Right now I'm having three friends helping me, but hopefully there will be some more.

Even though I'm not looking forward to moving itself, I am very much looking forward to the results. The carpeting made the appartment a lot more like a home, but actually having your furniture and stuff placed where it should, will really make it a nice place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment