Monday, November 13, 2006

Watch the beer

As I'm writing this, I'm in a fucking bad mood because of my job. You would not believe how busy this week is already, and it's only Monday morning. I'm not afraid of working hard, but there are limits, and I've already reached mine as early as 10.30 in the morning. It doesn't help that it seems as if everyone in the company is constantly asking me things, as if I've got nothing better to do. That's why I decided to take somewhat of a break to write this post.

The weekend has been great. Friday afternoon, after work, I took the train to Breda and did not suffer any delays for a change, so I got to my boyfriend's house pretty smoothly. We drank a beer or two and then went to bed, since we were both really tired. I slept like a rose and woke up rather fresh and happy the next morning.

On Saturday, we went shopping, which, in our case, basically means going into a store or two and then head for a bar to get some drinks. I bought myself the new Madonna single, Jump (with the ace b-side History). Having a beer turned out to be having loads of beer, so we got home feeling just a bit tipsy, but never mind, that's what the weekend is for, isn't it? We went to the video store to rent some dvds (Phileine Zegt Sorry -a Dutch movie-, United 93 and Poseidon). Some friends of my boyfriend came over for a drink, after which we went to bed to watch the movies.

Sunday we did basically nothing, except for hanging out a bit. I like spending my Sunday just fucking about a bit, and excellent way to end the weekend. Unfortunately, the weekend didn't end all that way, with huge delays in the railway system, so I got home rather late and feeling pissed off big time. Thank God my boyfriend took me to Utrecht by car, so that kind of made up for another two hours of waiting on trains.

When I got back to Groningen, I was in such a bad mood I decided not to go home instantly, but have a beer with Leendert instead, which was nice. All in all, except for the fucked up train ride, it was a great weekend! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment