Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rock the vote

Yesterday evening, my former fraternity Cleopatra organised a political debate, because of the elections next week. Since I don't have a clue what to vote yet, I decided to go, and I have to say it was quite interesting. Usually I'm not really into spending my evening with serious matters, as I'm being serious enough at work all day long, but this was a nice exception.

The real interesting part of the evening actually came after the debate. My ex boyfriend was host of the evening, and as some of you may know we haven't really said a word to each other for like the past three years. I was kind of fed up with that, so yesterday I decided to give it a shot and sorta try to bury the hatchet. This turned out to be quite a good idea, as we chatted for at least 15 minutes, which is an absolute first.

Funny, isn't it, how you can develop a relationship into a not-on-speaking-terms situation? I'm not interested at all in becoming friends with him, but I don't want the awkward situation we were in, either. Maybe this will open up for us to at least greet each other on those spare moments we accidentally end up in the same room. I'd like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment