Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Madonna in Hannover

I just got back from my first of 4 Confession shows in Hannover, Germany, and I can only describe the show as UNBELIEVABLE. I thought nothing could ever top Re-Invention, but boy did she top it! From the moment the giant discoball opened and revealed our Queen, it was a non stop rush and I just couldn't stop dancing!
After waiting for 24 hours in line, my friend Annelies and I made a mad dash inside the AWD Arena (which is, by the way, a gigantic stadium) and made it to front row at the corner of the central catwalk and the center stage. A great place to see the show, since the end of the catwalk prevents you from seeing the main stage, as it is much higher than it was during the North American leg of the tour. From our position, we were able to see everything very clearly.
Madonna almost fell during Jump, so we were a little worried this might affect her mood that night, but fortunately it didn't. She was in great spirit all night long, and quite talkative. She said 'Mijne Dames und Herren, thank you for coming to our show' before Jump, and asked us to say 'Fuck you' and 'Fuck George Bush' between Let it Will Be and Drowned World.
After the fantastic La Isla Bonita (during which Cloud smiled at me, he's gorgeous!!!), she told us to shake things up, after which the breathtaking final of Lucky Star and Hung Up started. During Hung Up, I was able to catch a balloon, so imagine my happiness!
All in all, it was a fantastic show, and I can't wait for Paris and Amsterdam (both shows!)

No comments:

Post a Comment