Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Paris trip - day 3

Saturday was show day, but we decided not to go queueing all day long. Annelies and I didn't have Golden Circle tickets for this show (as opposed to Sunday's show), so there was no way we could get near the stage anyway, so why waste your day in Paris?

Instead, the four of us went to the Eiffel Tour, which was again absolutely breathtaking. Unfortunately the line to climb the tower was about two hours long, so we decided to enjoy the scene from ground level. It wasn't any less impressive just standing in front of it and watching it!

We then went to the Champs Elysee, with all the nice and expensive shops. I bought myself a great poster of Paris to hang in my new living room, so I was quite happy. Jacolijn gave me a Bullet Bill (from Mario Kart) action figure, which was even more fun!

After a quick meal at McDonalds we went to the Stade De France. Annelies and I stayed outside for a while to grab some beers, and then went in. Although we didn't have Golden Circle tickets, we still had a great spot, right next to the beverages stands. The good thing about not being in the Golden Circle, is the fact that people aren't pushing as much as they are up front, so there's actually room to dance. Madonna put on a great show again, just as she did in Amsterdam and Dusseldorf, so I had a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment